The Counseling Services Student Advisory Board (SAB) enhances our initiatives and supports our services through advocacy, feedback, and peer education. SAB members represent the voice of our diverse student body and support us in providing the resources and services that are relevant to our community.
Some responsibilities of the SAB include:
- Participate in evaluating and providing feedback to improve Counseling Services resources and services
- Engage in student advocacy to support campus mental health and wellness
- Assist in research efforts by Counseling Services to reduce barriers for students in marginalized communities or with underrepresented identities
- Represent Counseling Services through outreach and educational programming
- Participate in professional staff interviews and selection processes
Benefits of being a SAB member:
- Receive mentoring from Counseling Services staff members especially when considering careers in mental health
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Network with other UO staff and faculty
The SAB meets every other Friday on the odd weeks of the term from 10:00 a.m.–noon and comprises undergraduate and graduate students. Members have the opportunity to improve leadership, communication, and additional professional skills as well as receive a $150 stipend for each academic term they serve on the board.
We accept applications during the first half of winter term.
Questions? Contact the Advisory Board Chair at email@example.com.