The University Counseling Center has adapted most of our services for health and safety of our staff and students. We will be updating our website regularly with new information on changes to our operations so check back often, or call our office at 541-346-3227. Find the most up-to-date information on accessing our services on the COVID-19 Services page.
What is a Case Manager?
A case manager has a special skillset to:
- Answer your questions.
- Discuss your support options.
- Help you identify and complete next steps; ultimately...connect you to resources!
What Assistance Could a Case Manager Provide?
A case manager might help:
- Discuss different therapy or other resources you can access, whether on or off campus .
- Create a personalized list of therapist referrals based on your resources/preferences, and help you move forward with next steps in that process.
- Investigate your health insurance to determine your benefits/session costs.
- If you don’t have health insurance, we can explore low cost/no cost options that might be available.
Why a Referral?
Sometimes longer term treatment, specific forms of treatment, and other services may be a better fit for your needs or schedule. If a referral is appropriate, our case managers work closely with you to identify community therapists or clinics that would be a good match in regards to your needs and financial resources. We will gladly assist you with contacting community therapists and agencies.
How to Get a Referral
We are fortunate to have many therapy providers in Eugene, including low-cost options. Counseling Center case managers can give you specific referrals to individual providers based on your needs, insurance, and location. Call 541-346-3227 to schedule a case manager appointment.