What is a Case Manager?
A case manager has a special skillset to:
- Answer your questions.
- Discuss your support options.
- Help you identify and complete next steps; ultimately...connect you to resources!
What Assistance Could a Case Manager Provide?
A case manager might help:
- Discuss different therapy or other resources you can access, whether on or off campus.
- Create a personalized list of therapist referrals based on your resources/preferences, and help you move forward with next steps in that process.
- Investigate your health insurance to determine your benefits/session costs.
- If you don’t have health insurance, we can explore low cost/no cost options that might be available.
Why a Referral?
Sometimes longer term treatment, specific forms of treatment, and other services may be a better fit for your needs or schedule. If a referral is appropriate, our case managers work closely with you to identify community therapists or clinics that would be a good match in regards to your needs and financial resources. We will gladly assist you with contacting community therapists and agencies.
How to Get a Referral
We are fortunate to have many therapy providers in Eugene, including low-cost options. Counseling Services case managers can give you specific referrals to individual providers based on your needs, insurance, and location. Call 541-346-3227 to schedule a case manager appointment.